Welcome to "To mommies and beyond"!

Welcome to a mommy blog for family well-being, going green, learning to spend quality time with your wee ones through play and crafts, going green, reviewing new children and baby products, household gadgets and everything important to mommies and BEYOND.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Herbalife Journey Shake 1



I embarked on my journey this afternnon with a great deal of excitement. Upon mixing my first shake which consisted of:
  • Herbalife Healthy Meal Nutitional Shake Mix Wild Berry flavor
  • Herbalige Protein Drink Mix
  • 8 0z. Skim milk
  • a lot of water.
My ititial thoughts on the taste and quality:
  • 3 year old taste the Strawberry tasting shake and comments' Hmm , taste like Pepsi "( everything is Pepsi except for milk.) 3 year old likes the Pepsi logo and therefore everything is Pepsi!
  • Upon first taste, My thought was that the Wild Berry shake does taste like Strawberry. It has a nice flavor. For a product that is packed with vitamins, there is not a vitamin after taste. A nice flavor is an added bonus compared to some of the "other" name brand meal replacement shakes.
  • Note to self: ICE ICE ICE. The shake would taste wonderful with ice as a smoothie.
  • I added a lot of water to attempt to get my daily requirement of water intake. I believe that I over-watered the product. I think even with this amount of water, it would taste great, providing that I thicken the shake. I have heard that Greek Yogurt would be a beneficial addition as would sugar free pudding mix.
  • There is a lot of potential with this product.
Overall, I give the product a thumbs up review!  There are many ways to dress up the Herbalife while remaining in my estimated caloric intake. I enjoyed the Herbalife Shake/Dinner #1.

Herbalife has three core products. I will begin my adventure slowly and then build up.

** SHhhh I am $76.59 in. I must produce results to keep this wonderful product and life changing personal challenge and journey justifiable.


***** I have purchased the Herbalife Healthy Nutritional Shake Mix and Protein Drink Mix on my accord and without Herbalife Sponsorship or advertisement.( although Sponsorship and sample products would be an appealing and acceptable offer). The opinions stated are my true and honest opinion based upon my personal experience.



Photos compliments of Herbalife.



  

7 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for following my blog. Im now following back.

Prem Saisha said...

Thanks for following my blog. Im now following back..

Witchie's Place said...

I am following you back. How is your Herbalife Journey going? I hope it is going exactly how you want it to go. Blessed Be!

Emily - faliLV said...

Good Luck on this Herbalife Journey!! (Have you emailed them to see if they would sponsor??)

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog! Very sweet of you. I am following you back!
Emily
Family and Life in Las Vegas

Lisa@The Nourishing Homemaker said...

Hi, thanks for following & I'm following back. I don't know anything about this protein powder, but when I use protein powder, I throw 1 cup skim milk or yogurt, 1 cup of frozen strawberries (only 50 calories per cup), and 1/2-1 tsp of good fat like natural almond butter or coconut oil. Blend adding water as needed. If the protein powder is high in calories, you could use water in place of milk & if it already has a little fat, you could skip it.

Eight31 said...

Hello!!!
Hope you have an amazing 2011, a new follower over here ;)

Mollye said...

Hello my sweet little new friend, My daughter Lori just started her I-Office with Herbalife and I just two days ago began my journey with the 2 shakes a day and 1 colorful meal eating plan. I am trying to shed about 40 lbs. It is not a bad way to go I think. Thanks for your visit. Hugs, Mollye

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns