Welcome to "To mommies and beyond"!

Welcome to a mommy blog for family well-being, going green, learning to spend quality time with your wee ones through play and crafts, going green, reviewing new children and baby products, household gadgets and everything important to mommies and BEYOND.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Journey

 I am about to embark on an amazing new journey in my weight loss efforts. I have been there done that with a variety of diets, tricks, fads a college weight training class ( + 2 pounds) in the summer of 2009 and even administering my very own Byetta Diabetes medication injections twice a day for a weight loss experiment with very little results.(-10 pounds after 8 months and $$$)

 I finally  experienced a bit of success with the South Beach Diet. I had a whopping 60 pound loss. I was so excited and pleased with my results. After a while I switched to the next phase and thought that I would stay there to avoid a plateau.


Advance one 1, 200 mile move away from all of my family and friends and add a nice hearty Midwestern winter. I found myself enjoying the beautiful scenery of the midwest with a much thicker middle. My very first Michigan winter awarded me a 37 pound weight gain. I was shocked at my first step back on the scale. What was I thinking to allow a 37 pound comfort zone? Talk about fat and sassy!

I returned to a "modified" version of the South Beach Diet. I am now at a -12 pound loss. My Midwestern home-cooking winter bound scale now reads at a + 25 pound post South Beach Diet weight.

 I recently learned of the wonderful Herbalife program. While attending a soccer game, I noticed another soccer mom that I had to take a double-take to recongnize. She began the Herbalife program approximatley 5 months ago with a -59 pound weight loss to date. She looks amazing and feels so much better. Boy was I intrigued.

Today will begin my Herbalife program. Sunday will be my official start date. Today, I will sample my first meal replacement shake for my dinner. I am really excited to get my weight loss underway. Wish me luck. I invite you to join me along my journey and perhaps begin your very own. I will have a body scan on Wednesday to see the cold hard truth "magical numbers" that will tell me where my BMI stands, My lean ( ha, lol, me + the word lean) muscle percentage and necessary fat, bones, cartilage and so forth. My true estimated healthy weight will be revealed.


Photo compliments of : Amas Ben-Arie@ http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pinqo_The_Cat_In_A_Basket.jpg

1 comments:

susie kline said...

Good luck!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns